We are establishing a mission in Guatemala. We are very grateful to Brother Jimmy Powers in helping us with this endeavor.
Guatemala, a Central American country south of Mexico. Guatemala, meaning land of trees, is a heavily forested and mountainous nation—and the most populous in Central America. The Pacific coast lowlands in the south rise to the volcanic Sierra Madre and other highlands, then the land descends to the forested northern lowlands, including the narrow Caribbean coast.
- Population: 12,701,000
- Capital: Guatemala City
- Area: 42,042 square miles
- Language: Spanish, Amerindian languages
- Religion: Roman Catholic, Protestant, indigenous Mayan beliefs
- Industry: Sugar, textiles and clothing, furniture, chemicals
- Agriculture: Sugarcane, corn, bananas, coffee; cattle
- Exports: Coffee, sugar, bananas, fruits and vegetables, cardamom, meat